What are the Big Elections?
- These elections are when UWS students choose who will represent them in academic year 2021/2022.
- Students can nominate themselves for two types of position: either a full time paid role as a sabbatical officer, or a part time volunteer role conducted alongside your studies.
- Nominations will go live on the 1st of February but until then, read on to find out more!
Big Elections 2021 Timetable
- Information Sessions (27 Jan - 9 Feb 2021)
- Nomination Period (1 Feb - 12 Feb 2021)
- Candidate Campaigning Period* (1 Feb - 4 Mar 2021)
- Candidates Briefings (15 Feb - 19 Feb 2021)
- Voting Period (1 Mar - 4 Mar 2021)
- Results Night! (5 Mar 2021)
*Candidates can begin campaigning virtually (i.e. online) as soon as they nominate themselves
Click here to read students' most frequently asked questions about the elections.
Previous Election Results
Click here to see the results from October 2020
Click here to see the election results for March 2020
Questions or Complaints
If you have any questions about the election, please contact Sabina Lawrie on 0141 849 4419 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . All enquiries are kept in the strictest confidence.
If you would like to make a complaint about the election please download and complete the Elections Complaint Form before sending it to Sabina. You can read a copy of the election rules by clicking here, and a copy of the rules regarding online campaigning by clicking here.
If you have a complaint regarding Sabina or you feel that a complaint has not been adequately responded to, please contact email@example.com who serve as the Returning Officer for these elections.
You will need to log into the website, using your standard log in, to Vote.
If your password is not working - you need to have this reset by ITDS.