Post-Graduate Research (PGR) Roles
All of these roles are for memberships of different boards and committees that influence the PGR experience at UWS. This is a great opportunity to see the inner workings of the university, get even more experience in an academic setting, and really make a difference for yourself and other PGR students.
Doctoral College Board Members
- There are two positions for Doctoral Students on the Doctoral College Board.
- The Doctoral College is responsible for addressing issues related to the doctoral student experience including registration, research studies, progression, and assessment of doctoral students.
- They also review and monitor the conditions of doctoral candidates.
PGR Senate Rep
- The PGR Senate Representative will be the PGR voice on the Senate.
- The Senate is responsible for overall planning, co-ordination, development and supervision of the academic work of the University and the elected student officers sit on Sentate too.
- This is an excellent opportunity to sit on one of the highest university committees with senior management; to see how the university works, and to make sure that PGR students are represented at all levels at UWS.
Research and Enterprise Advisory Committee Members
- There are two places for doctoral students on the Research and Enterprise Advisory Committee.
- This committee is responsible for the development of research and enterprise at UWS, and makes recommendations to Senate - one of the highest committees in the University.