Sabbatical Officer Roles
If you are looking to develop and use your leadership skills and like to have an overview of everything that is happening, this could be the perfect position for you!
- The president leads the Students’ Union, and the team of sabbatical officers.
- The president, alongside the board of trustees, is responsible for the actions of the students’ union, and will represent all student at UWS through attending meetings such as the University Court and Senate, and working in partnership with students, staff, and the wider student movement.
If you are passionate about learning and teaching, and see that the educational experience is central to your university experience, you could be the next VP Education!
- The VP Education works to improve the learning experience at UWS.
- They work particularly closely with student reps, focussing on education of course!
- The VP education works to improve learning resources, curriculum, and teaching methods among other things.
VP Student Development
If you are excited about all of the extra activities university has to offer such as clubs, societies, and volunteering this position could be a great fit for you!
- The VP Student Development works to improve student lives at UWS outside of the classroom.
- They work with clubs and societies, and work to develop opportunities for students.
- This can include volunteering and skills training.
VP Welfare and Wellbeing
If you know university can be a tough time for students and want to help ensure students are cared for, why not apply to be the next Welfare and Wellbeing?
- The VP Welfare and Wellbeing works to improve student welfare and wellbeing at UWS.
- This includes helping to create a better environment for student mental health, and working towards solutions for student poverty.