Start a New Society
Societies are groups formed and led by students, which bring together people who share a common interest.
If you’ve got an idea for a new society, we can help you set this up.
Here’s what you need to do:
1 - Have an idea
Do you have an interest of hobby you want to enjoy with others? Do you want to help bring together or represent a specific group of students?
2 - Find two other students who are interested in your idea
You need a minimum of three UWS students to start a society.
3 - Submit a New Society Application Form
This is a simple form where you tell us about the society you want to set up and provide us with the necessary details to enable this.
Completing this will also help you develop a plan for the society.
If you need assistance with your application then Clare Hunter, your Vice President Student Development will be happy to help! firstname.lastname@example.org
4 - Attend a Society Training Session
Once your application has been processed the Student Opportunities Coordinator will get in touch to invite you to your Society Training Session.
Society Training Session:
- You will receive an email on your university email account inviting you to book your Training Session
- This is a one hour meeting with the Student Opportunities Coordinator
- It will be held by video call or in person at a time that suits you
- We will explain everything you need to know about promoting and running your society
- We will also complete the affiliation process
5 - You’re good to go!
Once you've completed this process you'll be ready to start promoting your society and organise your first meetings and events