Is volunteering for you?
Meet new people and have fun
- Being at university is a great time to meet new people and make friends who share the same interests as you. Volunteering is a great way to meet some of them.
- Trying new things can also help you find out what you enjoy doing most.
Improve your career opportunities
- As a graduate, employers know you can learn and they take your knowledge for granted. Volunteering can help make you stand out from the crowd and have good experiences to share in job interviews.
- Volunteering can also allow you to build networks for future employment.
You put something back
- Volunteering can provide you with opportunities to help other people, make a difference in your community and take pride in what you do.
How to find a volunteering opportunity
All of our volunteering opportunities are currently being updated to make sure they meet our requirements for ensuring students' safety. We will be adding new opportunities over the next few weeks.
1 - Have a look through the list below for the opportunities currently available
2 - Click on the organisation logos for more information on their opportunities
3 - Once you've decided on the opportunity for you, select "Click here to Volunteer/Join the Team" at the top of their page. This link will take you to the volunteering registration form. Submit this to register. (You need to log in to the website uing your Banner ID and password to enable this)
4 - Once your form has been processed, the Students' Union will send an email to the organisation to introduce you to them and help you get started in your role. You will be copied into this through your UWS student email address
5 - The Students' Union are available to provide any additional support you may need. We will also update you on volunteering award opportunities that you may be eligible for
For more external volunteering opportunities in and around your area, you can also search these databases: