Accommodation in London

Where to find help with accomodation for UWS London Students.

accommodationadvice hub

To help you find accomodation while you study at UWS London we have gathered together a selection of useful links specifically to help you when you are looking for housing. You can also read the other sections in this guide for general support on accomodation in the UK. 

Housing guides for international students

The UK Council for International Student Affairs provides guidance on booking housing before you arrive in the UK, and renting private accomodation after you arrive in the UK, as well as advice on bringing a family, rent and other costs, and immigration checks among other things. 

Visit the UKCISA Website for support and information.

Your Rights

Citizens advice provide housing advise and information for people living in England. You can get help on renting, homelessness, repairs, and council tax.

Visit the Citizens Advice website for support and information.

Temporary accomodation in London

If you find yourself needing short term accomodation in London you may want to use a hotel or a hostel.


If you are homeless and considered in priority need, the Local Authority Homeless Persons Unit will assess your needs for accommodation. However, most students are not eligible unless they have children or a serious medical condition.

If you are homeless, at risk of becoming homeless or you are in need of housing advice, you can contact the housing charity Shelter

The Mix

The Mix is a charity that helps people under the age of 25 who find themselves homeless by providing advice and support on searching for accommodation, they are available 365 days a year on FREEPHONE: 0808 808 4994, text: 80849.