Personal Issues

If you are facing personal issues as a student at UWS, our advice service is here for you.

advice hubpersonal

Students can face a variety of issues that may not be covered in the other areas of the advice section. We define these issues to be of a personal nature and are often not directly related to your time studying at University. The Student Union can help students with most problems, even if they are unrelated to study.

Contact our advice workers if you need support

Online Safety

With the recent cyber attacks you may also be concerned about your online safety - you can access a Student online safety guide - Police Scotland here.

Issues at home

Sometimes, students can have problems at home. This can be as simple as a dispute between you and your flatmates, or it can be of a more serious nature, like domestic violence, distress caused by caring responsiblities or the threat of homelessness.  Regardless of what the issue is, the Your Union at UWS can assist you to change the situation. In the cases were we cannot offer direct assistance, we will support you to get the help you need. All you have to do is contact us, even if its just to chat through the issues.

Support around your sexuality or Gender Identity

If you're having difficulties around your sexuality or gender identity you can call the LGBT+ helpline Scotland.