Making Sure The New Ways of Learning Work For All Students!
Vote Kevin #1 for VP Education! .
Hello Friends and Welcome here!,
I am Kevin Miguim, a DBA Student, Uncle, God Father and Low-key #Tiktok challenge enthusiast.
The University changed the way of learning in response to the pandemic. UWS students have faced difficulties with online and blended learning but have You been listened to?.
Join me, and let's make sure the new online and blended learning works for all!
SOME PLANS AS YOUR VP EDUCATION INCLUDE;
- Enhanced ‘No Detriment Policy’: To ensure that the impact of coronavirus on you and your studies is considered when deciding your progress & award.
- Improve timetabling, to avoid deadline clashes and have Lecture capture available on time to everyone.
- Better resourced libraries with wider access to journals and e-resources.
- Reduce exams and Improve the grading of group assessments to recognise hardworking students who significantly contribute to group assignments
- Improve communication between students’ services and students. Working with UWS to make sure You are made aware of and can access support services available to you.
- Increase the recurrence and spaces available on research seminars and workshops. Too often, no spaces left.
- Continue the fight to Scrap Graduation fees once and for all.
A WEE BIT ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE AND ACHIEVEMENTS
Over the past 4years I have been:
Student Rep (2016/17) and Doctorate Student ambassador (2018-now)
Your Elected Executive officer for London Campus 2017/2018 - Secured Reps training opportunities for London students | Doubled events and networking opportunities at London campus| Secured microwaves on campus | Organised sponsored vacation trips to Scotland for London students.
Your Class Reps Trainer (2018-2020) - Training your Class reps to be more effective| Facilitating student council in London |Helped increase London Rep attendance/engagement to Council.
Your Elected NUS Delegate (2019/20) - Met with MPs in the Commons to lobby pro-international student policies | Participated in the ‘Post-study Work Visa Now’ Campaign.
QUESTIONS? OR WANT TO CONNECT??